Over the last few months we've been pretty busy. I've never had so many social engagements! We were able to be apart of a beautiful wedding in March, My brothers birthday in April and my Grandma's funeral in May. All throughout we've had our ups and downs in the kitchen (which is what my blog originally started out as!).
We've had our weeks of going out to eat (shame on us) and weeks when we spent $0 on restaurants (yay we can do it!).
Here is an overview :)
Simple chicken and veggie skewer with Italian dressing for seasoning
Fresh cut up asparagus with olive oil, garlic powder and Lawry's seasoning
The meal put together with Jasmine rice and random hot dog :)
One of our favorites! Fried rice-cooked rice, chicken (chopped), chopped onions, chopped green peppers, 1 egg. The seaoning and sauce varies every time I make it. This time I used soy sauce and sesame oil (when sauteing veggies). I also use a clove or two of garlic and some Lawry's. We usually have a sauce when it's done. Rico uses terriyaki sauce (the sauce from Target) and I use sweet Chili sauce :)
Enchiladas-Best recipe ever! I will post the recipe at a later date.
Best friends birthday food :) Greatest dips I've had in a long time! And fruit/veggie pizza!
Best homemade pizza! Ingredients
Target thin pizza crust, fire-roasted pizza sauce (at Target), real mozzarella (deli area at Cub), pepperoni, onions, green peppers, regular mozzarella, garlic powder, oregano, lemon pepper seasoning.
As you can tell I've used the word best a lot. I only do that because these are the most memorable meals I've had. Of course there were more but I didn't have my phone. And I didn't want to be the girl that takes a picture of my food for every meal :) Even though I kind of am!
I've learned recently to budget and grocery shop for the week (learned that from my big sis! Good job Big sis). I created a meal schedule so I know what ingredients I'll need and what I can use from my pantry. When we first got married I always had a lot of food on hand (not the right kinds) and my pantry was always too full. Mostly canned food and noodles (my diet lacked in a lot of ways)! I also had frozen pizza on hand ALL THE TIME. When I had homemade pizza and a family members house I decided this was a better option. The supreme pizza I got from Target had sausage...NO THANKS! Everyone wins!
Hopefully I'm not the only one that started out this way. As I stated before, I didn't learn how to cook from my mom. I'm definitely learning now! Thanks to those of you who have helped me :) You know who you are!
I will also mention that my pantry has never been so organized!
Recently I decided to revamp my spice cabinet. I'm not done but here are some of my during pics:
I started planting too! I have kale, cilantro and peppercini peppers!
Thanks for listening to what's going on in my life :)
There is a lot I didn't cover but that's OK, I don't want to bore you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment