Now onto my meal that I could eat every night if Rico would let me...chicken fajitas! I have come to master the art of how we like then!
First thing I do is cut the 2 breasts of chicken into strips and leave it in the pan so I can come back to it. Then I cut the red pepper, green pepper, and onion into strips as well and place it in a deep skillet. Then goes the olive oil into both pans and I turn them on at the same time. After many fails I've learned that the chicken and veggies take about the same amount of time.
I made my own taco seasoning for the chicken:
This recipe makes more than I needed so I put the rest in a zip lock
When the chicken is done I put 2 Tbsp of the seasonin and 1/4 c of water and let the chicken summer for 5 min.
For the veggies I seasoned with lawrys salt and garlic powder.
After the veggies and chicken were done we made our creations. Rico likes tortillas and I like making a salad :)
Here is Rico's:
And mine:
So there is my go to dinner :) I hope someone will be inspired to make this wonderfully colorful dish. It is my absolute favorite! In fact someone asked me what food I would eat on a desert island for the rest of my days and this is the dish I would take! If I'm really inspired I'd make guacamole but I was on a time crunch (as in I was too hungry to think about making anything else :)).






You're such a wonderful cook, Ahna! Well done!
ReplyDelete