Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 13: Spaghetti

I have decided that it is time to start a food diary so that I can help anyone who is newly married and needs ideas or helpful tips on cooking beautiful healthy (semi-healthy) meals for most nights.

Tonight we didn't have a lot of time to prepare our meal so Spaghetti was our best option. BEST SPAGHETTI NIGHT EVER!!!

Every time we make spaghetti it gets monotonous and boring. Well tonight was different. We were introduced to brown rice pasta and I wanted to try it out.
We used:
1 lb of Ground Turkey
1 jar of Traditional Prego (added: Ketchup, Heinz 57, lemon juice, pinch of sugar, Frank's hot sauce)
1/4 C Green Pepper (diced)
1/4 C Onion (diced)
1/4 C Red Pepper (diced)
1 t Garlic Powder
1 t Lawry's Seasoning

Brown Rice Spaghetti (the amount is up to you)
1 Package/Can Corn

It took us 30 min. and we ate it in 5 :)

This recipe is great because it makes leftovers for both lunches the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment