I'd like to take a moment and just share my experience with Valentines. You can go back in history and view it as a historical holiday or you can think it's a retail holiday but I was raised differently. My family had a candlelit steak dinner every year (until we decided eating in the dark wasn't worth the ambiance). My mom would give us a small box of chocolates and we would share quality time with each other. I've decided that it's a holiday to be celebrated! With coffee...

And I embraced it today at work and decked myself in hearts:
You can't see them but I have heart earrings on too :)
After Rico and I have celebrated the cliche way with flowers, the movie Valentines Day, gifts, chocolate covered strawberries, we chose to stay in and make a meal. Rico's favorite meal is meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, and baked broccoli. I made it and for the first time everything was ready at the same time!!! Here is how it turned out:
I seasoned the potatoes and broccoli with our usual spices, lawry salt and garlic powder. I added sour cream and butter to taste to the potatoes! Here is the recipe:
No comments:
Post a Comment